Brev’maculture is the way of life at Le Brévedent
“L’art de vivre!”
Ecotourism is becoming a must in our beautiful world … Sustainable tourism focused on discovering nature while respecting its environment and local culture, this is our proposal! Each of the projects carried out at the Brévedent is designed to have the least impact on our environment and thus welcome you in the most beautiful setting!
Permanent farming at nature’s pace.
Preserve biodiversity and understand the virtues of the nature that surrounds us.
Become a camper-picker! The vegetable gardens are open to all.
The rules of permaculture: always leave 1/3 of the plant. Use or share what you pick is the beginning of a change, collaborative consumption!
Ecology at Le Brévedent
It’s not because it’s trendy!
There can be up to 130 families living together at the Brévedent campsite. We genuinely believe that we have to reduce our environmental impact.
And here’s how it starts…
- 100% renewable electricity produced in France
- An energy-efficient consumption
- Organic and local products, in all our services
- A zero waste approach
- The use of environmentally friendly products
- Permaculture, the Brév’maculture
- Minimized lighting for the protection of night animals and the starry sky
- Recycling of reusable objects and materials
- Taking action for biodiversity
- Ecological awareness to encourage action
- The proposal of electric bikes
- The presence of hives to promote natural pollination
- An assured selective sorting
Living well with your neighbours means you’ll enjoy your stay.
Camper-pickers can share their harvest, good deals or just a bottle of cider with their neighbours.
There’s also a rideshare board next to reception. Do you have two spare seats for a trip to Honfleur market? Let us know!
Brévedent is a family affair. 4 generations have had the pleasure of developing and sharing Brev’maculture. You’ll probably come across the 5th generation enjoying an ice cream!
Music and Art at Le Brévedent
- First a unique and inspiring place
- Family portraits in the Salon du Manoir
- A family of musicians
- Guest musicians
- Acoustic concerts in the “Salon du Manoir” every Monday ( in July and August)
- Open scenes where everyone is invited to participate every Friday ( in July and August)
- Bands of music formed on site
- Of sharing
- Moments of joy
- Children rehearsing all year round to play on stage
- Seasonal musicians
- An artistic mini golf
- Sculptures by local artists in the garden
- Exhibitions of photography/ painting
- A music festival to close the season
The slow tourism,
For us it is taking the time to:
- Welcome you
- Let you discover our history, our region
- Discuss our passions over a vegetable salad
- Taking care of our family to take care of yours
- To know you
- Offer you a self-service vegetable garden
- Make available “Homemade” cake dishes
- Offer unlimited Wi-Fi but in a limited space to allow you to enjoy your holidays in complete freedom
- Take your kids to the hen house for fresh eggs
- Build or strengthen a relationship of trust with each team member
- Offer you a reasoned consumption
The slow tourism,
For you it is taking the time to:
- Discover a destination
- Familiarize yourself with the location
- Get away from your mobile phone 😉
- Exchange with your neighbours
- Share a moment around a board game
- Give your children some freedom
- Reading, taking a nap or enjoying the beauty of the landscape
- Meet us
- Go pick a zucchini for lunch
- Plan out the next day while your children watch the rabbits in front of the reception
- Go to meet the family by listening to the history of the places by Raphael’s grandmother and mother
- Sharing a moment of music with simplicity
- Consume otherwise
- Try the zero waste approach
- Take the time …
Ecological washing-up cake! For several years, I have been making solid and 100% natural washing-up produce called “Washing-up Cake”. It is available free of charge in the [...]